Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Lets start with the head

Well the first thing I had to do was take a long hard look at how my warlock, Malaise, looked from different angles and figure out what I could duplicate and what I couldn't.

I realized early on that one of the main features was going to be impossible and that was the knees and elbows. On the computer character the bones show through at the knee and elbow joints and trying to duplicate this and still have it look good was going to be too difficult with the time and budget I had.

So, the first thing I had to address was the fact that the lower jaw is missing on him. If you look closely you'll see that the tongue is hanging out of his maw.
What I needed was a mask that was larger than normal and could be modified, and I found it.


*dont mind the cut in the middle of the mouth. I took this picture after I started modifying it.

Here is the pic of how it looked like from the side


Once I cut the bottom off it looks like this. It does look goofy this way but thats just because of the positioning.



Once it's moved into position it looks much better...



Now all I need to do is add the right makeup for the neck area.

One last thing... a tongue... I have to make a tongue that will hang down now that there is no lower jaw to support it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home