Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Ok... now start the staff Part 3

So, when the thought crosses your mind that you want something that is made out of wood do you contact someone that you know already works in wood? Someone that has thier own woodworking shop (and may let you use it if you ask real damn nice)? Someone that actually makes money by creating cool things in wood?

Well, you might; but not me. I'll bust my ass trying to slap something together in my basement. This is just another example of my mind not working in my best interest.

So, here we go again. I first created what I call the cross pieces. I took a banister pole and cut off the ends and then shaped it.


Then to create the 'points'. Throughout this project I was hoping to be able to take something and modify it instead of having to create from scratch. It would save me some time and thats always a good thing.

I found this star shaped wooden coat peg that would normally be attached to the wall.


Then, remove the peg and cut off the 'wings' and I'm almost there.


After some cleanup the sample layout looks like this:


Now I just need a little more work on it and it will be ready for the gem.

2 Comments:

Blogger Glitzy said...

Wow..that's looking pretty good.

It's a bit like the elves and the shoemaker...I fall asleep and the next morning there's something new that's been created.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger firedancerdancin said...

seriously impressive. although i know nothing about malaise, it's looking exactly like the photo. right on!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 3:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home